I'll admit.. in the past, I was terribly intimidated about making pizza crust from scratch. Mom convinced me one day that it really wasn't a big mystery. The kids really get into making the pizza from start to finish. Good quality time shared by all!
It does help to use a preheated pizza stone to get the dough nice and crispy!
Click for Printable Recipe
2-3 cups flour
1 cup warm water
1 pkg yeast
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp canola oil
Herbs (oregano, basil, italian seasoning)
1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan
- Mix water and yeast then add sugar. Start adding flour (at least one cup) before adding salt, then add cheese and herbs – makes enough for two pizzas.
- Kneed the dough for 5 - 8 minutes... stretching and turning each time.
- Put the oil in a large bowl, turn the dough ball over a couple of times in the oil to coat, cover, and microwave at Power 1 for 2 minutes, then let rest 10 min. Repeat until dough doubles.
- Punch down, divide, and roll out just before ready.
- Pre-bake dough 5 minutes on pizza stone, flip over and add toppings to bottom. This method gives you the crispiest crust. Return to oven for 5 minutes at 500 degrees.
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce