Saturday, August 24, 2013

BLT Buffalo Chicken Wrap

This happened to be one of those days.... woke up before daylight with a headache, which persisted the entire day on and off.  I could just tell this was not going to be a cooking night!  Chicken tenders and mac-n-cheese for the kids.  Yes, really.  I know that every parent out there has those kinds of nights every once in a while!  But anyway, from the leftover chicken tenders, I made myself a really awesome Buffalo Chicken Wrap, so it wasn't entirely a bad evening.   

This is a fabulous way to use up extra chicken tenders from the kids, or whatever cooked leftover chicken you may happen to have.  Adding all the salad ingredients into the mix really gives this wrap a fresh crunchiness, and the garden spinach tortilla makes me feel like I'm incorporating even more veggies into this quick meal.  

Don't get me wrong - these made a very satisfying (and filling) dinner, but they would be just awesome to fix for your brown bag office lunches, picnics, tailgating, etc.!  Don't worry - even the guys will enjoy these.... after all, what guy doesn't love buffalo chicken?!
Click for Printable Recipe

Ingredients: (per wrap)
  • about 3 oz cooked chicken
    • yes, I used leftover chicken tenders!
  • buffalo chicken sauce of your choice
    • I used Moore's.  It's not too incredibly hot.
    • about 2 Tbsp per serving
  • garden spinach wraps
    • sure - use whatever kind you want!
  • prepared buttermilk ranch dressing
  • bluecheese crumbles
    • I used the reduced fat kind
  • romaine lettuce blend
  • shredded cheddar cheese
    • I used a reduced fat Mexican blend
  • diced fresh tomatoes
  • diced avocado spritzed with lime juice
  • chopped cooked bacon

Step-by-Step:
Let me first say that making any type of "sandwich" (or wrap) is a very personal thing.  With four kids, I know all too well that each person has their own preferred balance of flavors and ingredients.  So I have intentionally left off "amounts" from the ingredient list.  A recipe is meant to be a guide, not a Bible... so definitely make this to your taste!

Cut your chicken into strips, and drizzle it with a couple of tablespoons of buffalo chicken sauce to coat. 
2 leftover chicken tender (waste not, want not!  LOL)
2 Tbsp buffalo chicken sauce


Now, just layer your ingredients onto your tortilla.
I begin with a nice smear of the ranch dressing so it will sort of hold all the ingredients to the wrap. 
a spoon or so of buttermilk ranch dressing

Layer on the lettuce, buffalo chicken, and all the rest of your ingredients.
romaine lettuce blend
The sauced chicken
reduced fat blue cheese crumbles
fresh diced tomatoes
diced avocados that I spritzed with a little lime juice so they wouldn't oxidize and turn brown
2 strips of crumbled cooked bacon
reduced fat Mexican blend shredded cheese

Wrap and roll, baby!!!!  - then slice and serve with a side of ranch for dipping.
fold the ends in first, then just roll up!

These have so many great textures, big flavors, crunchy ingredients, smooth ingredients, my beloved cheese, tangy and creamy flavors... Woo Hoo!!!  And don't forget that these are mobile, which means that YOUR lunchbox will be the envy of the office.  :)

I do hope that you've enjoyed this recipe and you are about to rush out to buy ingredients to make your own!!!  If you want to know what other sorts of recipes I have up my sleeve, hop on over to my Recipe Index for tons of ideas that you can cook with/for your family.

If you are new to my blog, Click Here to Subscribe to MenuMusings so you won't miss a thing!

 Order the Menu Musings Cookbook!

And as always, here are a few "bonus" recipes for you.  Just click the links to go directly there.
Tzatziki

Mongolian Beef

Roasted Cornish Game Hens

Vietnames Style Lettuce Cups

Toasted Coconut Martinis


Skinny Mexican Pizza


Method:
Cut your chicken into strips, and drizzle it with a couple of tablespoons of buffalo chicken sauce to coat. 

Layer your ingredients onto your tortilla.  I begin with a nice smear of the ranch dressing so it will sort of hold all the ingredients to the wrap. 

Layer on the lettuce, buffalo chicken, and all the rest of your ingredients.

Wrap and roll, baby!!!!  - then slice and serve with a side of ranch for dipping.

These have so many great textures, big flavors, crunchy ingredients, smooth ingredients, my beloved cheese, tangy and creamy flavors... Woo Hoo!!!  And don't forget that these are mobile, which means that lunchbox will be the envy of the office.  :)

2 comments:

  1. My boyfriend made these to take with us for lunch on a bike ride. Looked just like the photo and tasted great!

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest