2 medium peaches
1 3-inch piece of fresh ginger
1 large shallot, chopped
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
1-2 large sprigs fresh thyme
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup water
- Peel, pit, and chop the pieces into chunks about 1" each.
- Peel the ginger (use the edge of a spoon) and cut into thick coins.
- use less if you don't want it to be as spicy. 3" of ginger is pretty spicy!!
- Combine the peaches, ginger, shallot, sugar, thyme sprig fresh thyme
- do not remove the leaves from the sprig
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper and the water.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer about 20 minutes.
- until the peaches have softened (collapsed) and released their juices.
- stir occasionally
- adjust liquid and sugar balance as desired
Discard the ginger pieces and the thyme sprigs.
- Cover and set aside.
- Serve on top of thick grilled pork loin chops.
Looking for delicious and easy ideas? Please visit my Recipe Index for tons of things to cook with and for your family... or just for yourself! Here are a few things to get you started: