Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Cranberry Cherry Chicken Wrap

If you are looking for a quick and healthy lunch wrap, here's one you might try on for size.  This wrap comes together in a snap thanks to convenience  grocery items and packs a punch with a whole grain flatbread wrap and lots of protein to keep you going strong!  Studies show that people get more satisfaction with "crunchy" foods, so I've included a crispy lettuce/carrot/cabbage blend as well as nutrient dense pecans to cover that category.  To balance out the flavor profile, we have sweet dried cherries and cranberries, tartness from the Greek yogurt and tarragon vinegar, the spicy bite of Southwestern seasonings on the lean chicken strips.  What's not to like?!



                                Click Here for Full Length Video






Ingredients:
I'll try my best to calculate the grams of fat (f), calories (c), and grams of protein (p) for each of these players per serving.
  • multigrain flat bread (2.5f, 90c, 7p)
  • 3 oz Southwestern seasoned chicken breast strips (2f, 110c, 23p)
  • 1 Tbsp sundried tomatoes (0f, 35c, 2p)
  • 2 Tbsp cherry cranberry pecan mix (3f, 60c, 0p)
  • 1 Tbsp plain nonfat Greek yogurt (0f, 20c, 3.5p)
  • lettuce blend (0f, 10c, 0p)
  • kosher salt and black pepper to taste
  • tarragon vinegar (0f, 0c, 0p)




Here we go.. Step-by-Step:
Rather than using mayo, I used 1 Tbsp plain nonfat Greek yogurt. Tangy and protein rich.
By my best estimation, this comes out to around 7.5g fat, 325 cal, 35.5g protein.
3 oz Southwestern seasoned chicken breast strips.  I used the Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh brand.
1 Tbsp sun dried tomatoes, diced
2 Tbsp cherry cranberry pecan mix (found already mixed in a bag in the produce section)
chop and mix all the stuff!
A couple of shakes of tarragon vinegar.  You could substitute other acids - lemon juice for example.
Combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.

Multigrain flat bread - lots of uses for these guys
Add lettuce blend, chicken salad and wrap these guys up!  Nice fresh, crunchy, filling, healthy, FLAVORFUL lunch!

Click here to Subscribe to MenuMusings so you won't miss a thing!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Looking for more great recipes?

Please visit my Recipe Index for tons of ideas!  Here are a few to pique your curiosity.

Louisiana Crab Claws Bordelaise
Marinated Turkey Burgers


Rosemary Black Pepper No-Knead Artisan Bread

Oven Baked Fajitas

Spinach and Apricot Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

Order the Menu Musings Cookbook!

Click here to Subscribe to MenuMusings so you won't miss a thing!

Chicken Monterrey 

Mango Avocado Caribbean Jerk Meal Prep 


Seared Petite Lamb Chops with Rosemary Balsamic Reduction 

Sesame Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry

26 comments:

  1. Came over from Pinterest. This recipe sounds delicious! Going to give it a try. Love it that it will be an easy, healthy, grab and go meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Marla and Steve. Hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Looks amazing! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicolle! Please keep visiting the blog!

      Delete
  3. I will definitely make it this weekend. It looks super yummy!!
    P.S. I love your blog and recipes. My SIL and I always come here for dinner/lunch/dessert ideas. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... that just made my day! Please let me know what you and your SIL try out. I appreciate your readership! (Is that a word? LOL)

      Delete
  4. Going to make this tonight! Saw it on Pinterest and it will be perfect for dinner on hot day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! Very hot here in the South and I had one for lunch (using my left over ingredients) when I got back from the gym. Took me all of about 4 minutes to put it all together start to finish! Hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  5. Amazing wraps: delicious, healthy, simple! Everyone on RecipeNewZ loved them, so you have another feature on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/RecipeNewZ Congrats and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here from Pinterest as well. Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome aboard, Crafty Diva! I hope you will be a regular viewer to MenuMusings!!

      Delete
  7. This looks awesome! Any idea how many carbs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate - The reason that I didn't put a carb count on this recipe,is that it is totally dependent upon the type of flat bread or tortilla you use. I do know that there is a brand out there called "Carb Balance" or something like that. It's impossible for me to predict which brand folks will choose, so I didn't want to get into the middle of that controversy! I suppose someone really carb conscious will have to "shop" them around a bit.

      Delete
  8. I repinned this and have rec'd several positive comments. Made it for lunch today and my husband loved it as much as I did. Thank you, Julie May, for this amazing recipe with step-by-step pictures to make it easy to follow. I appreciate you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That wrap looks so delicious! I am going to have to pin it so I can remember to make it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cranberry and chicken together! Your recipe looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great!! Might have to put this on my Thanksgiving weekend menu for leftover turkey!! Can you tell me more about the Cherry cranberry blend... do you have a brand or anything??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I think these would be excellent for leftover turkey!!



    I don't remember the brand I used, but here's what I can tell you. In the produce section of many markets, they have prepackaged "salad topping" blends. This one came in a bag, with dried cranberries, dried cherries, and pecans. If you can't find something similar, you can mix individual items - craisins, dried cherries, and some pecan halves (I would recommend lightly toasting them).



    Hope you enjoy!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delicious wraps especially with the addition of Greek yogurt! Thanks for coming and linking up at The Weekend Social. Please be sure to come back next week starting Thursdays at 9PM EST on culinaryflavors.gr ! I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks delicious!! I love sweet and savory together. This looks so yummy I wish I had all the ingredients right now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julie, Congrats you are once again a most clicked link at #theWeekendSocial. If fact you tied with our main host Ronda at Kitchen Dreaming. I hope you stop by and link up again. We start tonight at 9:00 PM EST and party all weekend. Here's the link to the linky! http://thekitchenchopper.com/indexBlog.php/?p=10302

    ReplyDelete
  16. I keep making this recipe! My husband and I both love it for easy dinners. Since I can't do wheat, I just eat it as a lettuce wrap. Cuts the carbs, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used coconut wraps and the filling is really good. I have celiac so must watch what I eat.

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest