Makes 8-10 cups.
- 1 stick butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans creamed corn
- 1 can diced rotel tomatoes
- 2 pounds shrimp (60-70 size)
* Place on medium heat and bring to boil until shrimp are cooked (8-10 min)
- 1 pt half and half
- 1 pt whipping cream
* Heat on low until hot.
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
* Stir and heat until cheese is melted.
5. Add garlic salt and pepper to taste.
* If soup is too watery at this point, bring up to a boil for a few minutes to thicken.
* Add a can of whole kernel corn to soup for extra “corn” texture.
- Chopped green onions or parley.
Julie Vining Smith
Looking for more great recipes?
Please visit my Recipe Index for more awesome recipes to cook with/for your family. Here are a few to get you thinking...